Lake Powell, AZ Sunset

Lake Powell, AZ Sunset

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Happy Birthday to the Best Husband in the World ...

and my best friend as well!


Today is Terry James' 59th birthday! I count myself very fortunate that he was such a persistent pest and that my kids and best friend ganged up on me. Otherwise I would have kept saying "no". And where would I be now? 


It's been great fun, Honeybear, and I look forward to many more years of us exploring the world. Hang in there. It's all good in the end, you know. Aren't I still here and loving you more now than when we got married? Yes, I love you more today than yesterday!


As for the other birthday boy. A posthumous note to my son, Ben:
It took me a long time to get to the point where I could accept you had the right to step from this wheel of life. I accept it but that doesn't mean I like it or agree with what you did. You have no idea how much I miss you. I think of you every day. I am so sorry you have missed so much of the joy in life! Your sister becoming a school teacher. Your brother growing into a really cool man, who will be getting married sometime soon. Your nephew Isaac growing into a young man. The adventures Terry & I have had. Life could have been good if you'd just not given up! I love you, son. I wish you happiness and serenity.

1 comment:

  1. MJ...such a bittersweet month, huh? My son's birthday is actually today too! He is 16. Hope your husband has a great day! Enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. Constructive criticism and conversations are always welcomed.