Lake Powell, AZ Sunset

Lake Powell, AZ Sunset

Friday, December 24, 2010

I Want to Fly Again!

I received this from a good friend this morning. I agree with him whole-heartedly. He asks that if we agree, we encourage others to post it to their blogs as well. I'd say, do a cut and paste and email it to everyone you know ... especially our elected representatives in the government. Let them know how we feel!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Want to Fly Again


I am 72 years old. I was fourteen years old when I took my first commercial airline flight. The sense of freedom and ease of traveling on that DC-6 airliner will forever be part of me.

In the ensuing years, I have flown hundreds of thousands of mile on commercial flights in the United States, Europe and Africa. Each year, flying became less and less of a positive experience. The excitement and freedom taken for granted in my younger years has been destroyed by politically formulated policies, ignoring true American freedoms. Finally, in the darkest hours of the American flying experience, my government created a multimillion-dollar “solution” to terrorism on the homeland airways—the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).

Now, I will not fly commercially for any reason or convenience. My freedom to drive to the nearest air terminal at a reasonable time, pickup a ticked, and board an airplane no longer exists. I refuse to be subjected to long waits in line to be scanned, questioned, interrogated, x-rayed, probed, while at the same time assured I will be arrested if I complain, refuse to do anything I am ordered to do, or even just turn around and leave the boarding area. I refuse to be handled like a criminal or to be made into a criminal in the minds of the hoards of TSA agents, armed with unconstitutional rules and laws.

I refuse!

I want my freedom back!

I want the government I have supported all my life to completely abolish TSA operations for all domestic flights. Remove the barriers, remove the x-ray machines, remove the guards, remove the rules, the laws--remove all of it and put our freedom to fly like Americans back the way it was. Use these TSA facilities and procedures to screen ALL non-citizen passengers of this country at all times as well as all passengers on all international flights.

I want the TSA to never again screen legal American citizens flying within the boarders of the homeland. I don't have any reason to fear my fellow Americans. Why should my government fear them? There is no need for the TSA to screen domestic flights. There are many other ways to stop terrorism within homeland airspace. Contact me for my list.

I want the billions spent on TSA funding and operations for domestic flights to be redirected to the significant reduction of illegal aliens crossing our unprotected homeland borders—something all Americans will benefit from.

I want Congress to rethink the policies and tactics currently in use to fight terrorism within our boarders and never again to embrace fear-driven “solutions”, taking away the Constitution-given rights of ALL Americans.

I want to fly again.

Respectfully…
Dr. Al Link, Greenville SC
K4icl@k4icl.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. Constructive criticism and conversations are always welcomed.